BRAKE PADS & BRAKE DISCS
From dealing with the pressure of the everyday to bearing the brunt of the occasional stamp, the braking system has a hard life. As the most important safety feature within your Toyota, the ability to stop and slow down, especially in poor driving conditions or emergencies, depends entirely on the performance of your brakes.
HOW DOES YOUR BRAKING SYSTEM WORK?
When you put your foot on your car’s brake pedal, brake fluid pressurises the caliper pistons on each wheel’s hub, forcing a brake pad to press against both sides of the brake disc, which turns along with your vehicle’s wheels. This friction slows the car, ultimately bringing it to a stop.
Over time brake pads and brake discs wear out, needing to be replaced as continuing to drive with worn-out brakes can be extremely dangerous. There are a few signs of worn brakes you should be aware of. Here’s what to look out for:
- Swerving when breaking can indicate uneven wear of brake pads
- Squeaking and screeching
- Reduction in stopping power
Brake discs measuring below the safe minimum thickness need to be replaced
Fitting Toyota genuine brake pads and discs to your car gives you that all-important peace of mind when you take to the road:
- All Toyota genuine brake pads and discs are made from high-grade materials and designed and tested to ensure maximum safety and performance
- Brakes that operate effectively don’t squeak or screech, the silence of Toyota brakes speaks volumes
- There’s a perfect fit for every Toyota model ensuring rapid replacement and perfect compatibility
- They’ve been developed using the in-depth knowledge of Toyota vehicles that only we have
- All our Optifit brakes are competitively priced